Thursday, July 10, 2008




Hi All,

So I've been in Prague nearing 2 weeks now. The time is passing quickly. Generally, my weekdays consist of getting to the hospital at about 7:15 and then being in the OR for a few surgeries until around 12. I then have the afternoon and evening to explore Prague, hang out with friends, sleep, eat, etc. One of the best parts so far has been meeting tons of new people from all over the world. It is interesting to see the cultures interact. We had a barbecue that turned into an impromptu concert with people singing different songs from their homelands. The two Canadians treated the spectators to a heartfelt rendition of O Canada. This week I went to Vienna for a few days to see a concert and check out the city. Everything in Vienna seems to be large and old. There definitely was and is a lot of money in that city. I also enjoyed the falafels, something I haven't found in Prague, yet. So the plan is to hang out here for a few more weeks, then head into Belgium and Holland for about a week before going home in early August.

Nolan

No comments: