Friday, June 8, 2007

out west

So i decided to take the train from Truro to Nova Scotia. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and I suppose it still is. But man, that is a long trip. 26 hours in total, I think. I watched a bunch of movies, tried to sleep, and generally just sat around the whole time. I guess thats about all that can be done when you're in a long, hollow tube rolling along the Canadian countryside. It was nice, though, to slow things down and do nothing for awhile. In Toronto I checked into my hostel and went exploring. Toronto Hot Dogs are something beautiful. I think I had 6 in about 3 days. Cheap, and oh so tasty. The most interesting thing I did was probably going to two different musicals. The first, Phantom of the Opera, was pretty classic. A pretty sweet experience to see. The second was a musical tribute to the band Queen. Totally different than PotO. They sold glowsticks before the show. Everyone was pretty intent on rocking out. Kind of a strange sight, but it was fun. Today I flew to Winnipeg and am staying here for the next week. I should be back in Saskatchewan by next weekend. I'd love to show some pictures of this trip to anyone who has read this blog. Let me know what works for you.

Thanks for reading,

Nolan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo, Nolan, you still haven't gotten back to me. Wednesday or Thursday works for me, so let me know! I'd love to see your pictures.